Personal information which may be collected about the users of the website located at http://www.dearretailinvestors.com (the “Site”) is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the British Columbia Personal Information Protection Act and, to the extent applicable, the Canada Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. Dear Retail Corp. (“Dear Retail”, “we” or “us”) takes your privacy and the collection, storage and maintenance of your personal information seriously.
- Personal Information
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as an individual’s name, address, birth date, e-mail address and phone number.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- If you send us e-mail, we may collect your email address, your internet IP address and your message so that we may reply to you. We may subsequently email you about our various products and services, or other products and services we feel may interest you. If you’d rather not receive these subsequent communications, unsubscribe. We may also collect any other personal information you choose to provide to us, such as your name or telephone number. Sensitive personal information should not be sent to us unencrypted over the Internet or by e-mail.
- While on the Site, we automatically log certain information about how you’re using our site. This information may include the URL that you just came from, your IP address and the pages you visit while on our site. We may place a pixel on pages on the Site, or those of other companies that are presenting advertisements. This enables us to record in our server logs that a specific user id has visited a particular page. This data allows us to analyse and determine our audience’s behavioural characteristics, which helps us to optimise the Site and marketing focus. Only anonymous information is collected, and it cannot, by itself or in combination, be tracked to you or any specific individual. We may use IP addresses for various purposes, including diagnosing service or technology problems, assessing and maintaining system security, displaying the most appropriate advertising and content, studying how people use our site and how we can improve it and reporting to advertiser and other business partners about aggregate, but not individual information derived from IP addresses.
- Your web browser or email application automatically provides your IP address to other computers with which you communicate over the internet, so that they know where to send you information. We receive an IP address each time you view one of our web pages, because the browser automatically reports it to us. We also may store the IP address when you register with the Site.
- Except as expressly set forth in the Website Agreement – Terms and Conditions for the Site (found at https://www.dearretailinvestors.com/terms-of-use), the personal information we collect is only used for the original purposes it was collected or in a manner consistent with those purposes. We may disclose your personal information, to the extent necessary, in the following circumstances:
- to third-party contractors or service providers that assist us with certain aspects of our operations or assist in the improvement and maintenance of the Site;
- to our affiliates, successors and assigns;
- in connection with a corporate transaction such as a merger, consolidation, share sale or asset sale;
- in connection with the bankruptcy or insolvency of the Company or our affiliates, successors and assigns;
- to protect the safety of any person or to address fraud, security or technical issues;
- to comply with the applicable laws and regulations; and
- as otherwise directed by you.
- Aggregate or De-Identified Data
We may also disclose information that has been aggregated or that otherwise does not personally identify you to third parties and affiliates who may use it for analytics, trends and analysis to improve and provide our products and services, including the Site.
- Legal Requests
If we receive a subpoena, warrant, discovery order or other request or order from a law enforcement agency, court, other governmental entity, or litigant that seeks data relating to the Site, we will make reasonable attempts to direct the requesting party to seek the data directly from you. If we ask the requesting party to direct the request to you, we will provide your contact information to the requesting party. If legally compelled to produce information and unless legally prohibited, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you so they can notify you as permitted by law. We will direct any requests for information under data protection laws to you, unless prohibited by law.
- Protection of Personal Information
We protect your personal information by using industry standard security arrangements against unauthorized access or disclosure. Access to systems, applications and data is restricted to authorized individuals of the Company only unless otherwise provided herein. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Your Responsibilities
While we take your privacy and the collection, storage and maintenance of your personal information seriously, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site, and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password and/or account information related to the access and use of the Site.
- Third Party Applications and Websites
The privacy policies for third party applications and websites vary and may differ from the policies stated herein. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other applications or websites, and the use and access of such applications and websites is at your own risk.
- Questions and concerns